- Deadline: 31/05/1973
- Location: Joint Research Centre of the European Commission, Ispra, Italy
- Department: Nuclear Security and Safeguards Department
- Duration: 5 months
The trainee position is available at the Nuclear Security Unit. The unit focus is on state of the art enabling research, the use of specific technology, development of instruments and methods, delivering technical services and training in the domain of nuclear safeguards, non-proliferation and nuclear security. In this way, the unit supports the verification of international treaties and agreements related to nuclear safeguards and non-proliferation.
The project proposed aims at collecting information on a range of dual-use technologies with both civil and military applications, including industrial manufacturing, electronics, special materials, chemical, biological and medical, nuclear, telecommunications, cyber-surveillance and security, marine, navigation, avionics, aerospace and propulsion, laser applications, energy production, human rights.
Scope of the project is tailoring to dual-use research the JRC TIM tool (Tools for Innovation Monitoring), http://www.timanalytics.eu/ by creating and testing libraries of search algorithms
- University degree in engineering, chemistry, biology (according to the Rules who are receiving a university education or its equivalent and are preparing a thesis for a university degree or Master's degree or Ph.D. or its equivalent at graduate level could apply as well. The purpose of the training must be directly related to the subject of the thesis)
- Good ability to perform web-based research, text mining, data mining
- Good knowledge of English (B2 level)
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing, nano-technologies