European Commission (EC), Joint Research Centre (JRC), Institute for Transuranium Elements (ITU), Nuclear Security Unit.
Date & Venue
11–15 September 2017, JRC Ispra (Italy), Auditorium Bldg. 58C.
European Commission Joint Research Centre (EC-JRC), International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), University of Milan (UNIMI) and Italian Radioprotection Association (AIRP).
To strengthen education on planning and operating nuclear decommissioning and waste management.
The objectives of the school are to:
1. Enhance awareness of nuclear decommissioning and waste management.
2. Better understand the roles and responsibilities of the various involved parties such as operators and regulators.
3. Develop an appreciation of related issues such safe operation of a decommissioning process as radiation protection.
4. Highlight the sequence of activities in nuclear decommissioning and waste management.
5. Visit nuclear facilities to give insight to practical decommissioning operations.
6. Promote education in nuclear decommissioning to better face challenges in energy generation.
The school targets university level students and young professionals in nuclear field.
Until 25 August 2017. The number of participants will be 80 on the basis of "first registered - first served". The participants are required to cover their stay in Ispra and there will be no registration fees.
Register in: https://web.jrc.ec.europa.eu/rem/